Friday, July 23, 2010

Little Helpers

I have been blessed by my children lately.
There are days when I feel overwhelmed by the amount of "help" they want to give me, but I am thankful God has reminded me to encourage them in that in spite of how much extra work it can make for me. I had no idea that I would be reaping the rewards so soon, however. Last week Heidi disappeared while I was cleaning upstairs and I had a moment of panic when I realized she had been in my room and quiet and was now asking me to "Come see the surprise I have for you, Momma!" I was bracing myself to not react in anger no matter what she had gotten into and opened the door to discover she had made the bed for me! She's done it every day since. Why did I doubt? My Hannah has surprised me as well with her initiative to help. Lately she starts setting the table as soon as she sees me preparing a meal. It amazes me that she picks up on what I'm doing so quickly and will drop whatever she's doing to come put all we need on the table. Thank you, Lord, for providing me with extra hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment