Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Christmas in August

You see that smile? The smile on the face of my "I may be younger but I grew taller than you" little sister?
Well, she better smile.
She's holding evidence of my love for her.
Here's the scoop:
A few weeks before Christmas I e-mailed my beloved little sister in Ethiopia and inquired as to what she would like for Christmas. Postage there is a bit expensive and I wanted to be sure whatever I sent would be appreciated.
Her reply contained one item.
Only one.
This should make it easy, right?
Not exactly.
Her desire?
A nephew.
Well I can't exactly box that up and send it off through the foreign mail system, now can I?
Just barely guessing myself at that point as to what the Lord was doing within me, I laughed and thought, "wouldn't that be funny if I had a boy?!"
I wrote back saying that I might be able to fulfill that request, but she'd have to wait until August when she could come for a visit before we could know for sure.
God gave me a son... and her a nephew.
Smile away Summer, I did it all for you. =)
Merry Christmas, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment