Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent

As a family, we made 25 little stockings to mark the days from December 1-25. I stocked them with slips of paper containing verses about Christ coming to earth. Every night I plan to put a small treat for the girls in each stocking.On day 1 this seems to be a loved tradition already with Heidi asking me every couple of hours if it was the next day yet so we could look in the next stocking and learn what the paper says. My hope is to spread the wonder of celebrating God becoming man out over the entirety of December rather than save it all for a single day that is over much too quickly. I want Christmas to be about Christ for my children and want to build traditions which bring Him and what He has done for us to the forefront of our minds every day. I also want it to be fun and exciting for my children (and me) and so far this seems to include each of those elements. Hoorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment