Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Abundantly Beyond

When Karl chose to act in faith and terminate his employ at the arena last spring we weren't sure where our income would come from.

We put our all into the farm...
and experienced total crop failure...
with no insurance.

And yet, God has provided.
Not only all our needs,
but some of our wants as well.



A couple months ago my trusty used oven, bought by my sisters as a housewarming gift when we moved into our home, decided to be a little over zealous in the heating department. As in I set it at 350, wondered why things were burning in a quarter their allotted time, checked and found the temperature to be 695.
I thanked God that He had blessed me with a wall unit a couple of years ago, determined that a new oven was not a need, and moved on with life.

Then, Karl went to the dump one Saturday last month and brought home this: Yes, that is a flat top stove/convection oven combo!

Karl wisely waited until after our dinner guests on Sunday had been fed before trying it out. It worked! The only things we could find wrong with it were a broken interior glass on the door and a bit of grime. I gave it a thorough scrubbing and Karl ordered and installed a new pane.

I now have two convection ovens at my disposal and a marvelously easy to clean stove top - and all it's cost us was the price of the door glass.

I am blessed and provided for. Even in the "wants" category!

No comments:

Post a Comment