Friday, February 3, 2012

Hannah's Quilt

It's done! It's really and truly done!
I determined I would make a small quilt for each of my children long before I ever had any. Heidi's was completed while I was pregnant with her. After that the time for sewing wasn't quite so abundant as it had once been and Baby#2 didn't have her quilt started until she was nearly three. It was, however, completed last night, and happily Hannah still sleeps in a toddler bed so she can use it there for a couple of years before it becomes a lap blanket.


My little girl is thrilled with all the butterflies,


and I was thrilled that when I went to the store to buy material for the outer edge I also came across this delightful butterfly print I could use for the back. Other than those two fabrics I used all scraps I had on hand, so now Karl's thrilled that I used up a bit of my stash.



Now it's time to start Levi's!

3 comments:

  1. Well Done friend. It's lovely!
    I can see that Hannah is thrilled - who wouldn't be?!

    I have 4 done, 3 to go, one Christmas stocking left, and a scrapbook to put together.
    I find that in recent years I amass snippets of fabric I love in order to satiate the creative desire when I can't actually GET to the project!
    Not necessarily the best plan, but sometimes it makes my heart glad just to see the pretty colors and dream of thing to make :-)
    Hannah and I made a quilt for Molly's Lydia, and I'm working on a little one for her shortly-to-arrive little man. If I can squeeze in a couple baby blankets or small bags etc. in the interim, I don't suffer withdrawals so badly!

    Love it!

    ~'Lene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh 'Lene, I agree. Small projects are the way to go when it comes to satisfying that creative urge in this season of little ones! I do as you do, however and glean bits of fabric and preject ideas for "someday". Right now I've got a pile of cloth for a quilt for my bed, bought not because it matched my bedroom, but simply because I liked it. It makes me smile every time I pass it, and for that alone I think it worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see that one when you get working on it.
    I want to make a quilt for our bed too (the quilt I have on it I made about 9 years ago. I still love it, but it's very heavy and winter-ish in color) but I can't decide what to do! Mostly because I'm drawn to rainbow and bright colorful schemes, but I want my husband to feel at home in it.
    I don't want it to be girly.
    Hm...
    I'll keep dreaming until then!

    ReplyDelete