Thursday, February 23, 2012

Love Writes On Stairs

I've wanted to do it for a long time. Ever since I realized my stairs had the right number of risers, in fact. Last night, armed with a visiting mother and sister and a few sharpies, it was accomplished.

Many, many laughs and wonderful memories (and reminding the children that this was only something the adults were allowed to do) went into the writing of 1 Corinthians 13 on my stairs.

And I am THRILLED with the result.

Uniformity and perfection was discussed, but quickly dismissed as artistic flare and originality won us over.

Now I'm not quite so anxious to get real flooring as it would mean covering our delightfulness.

Karl was pleasantly surprised when he came home for the evening as we had started on a whim and completed it in less than two hours.

Now, to learn to live that which we have written.



3 comments:

  1. yes and now you'll never carpet over them :-)

    but at least now you'll have a really excellent reason!

    love to you friend, and I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they look great!! How fabulous to have your mom and sister visiting, please be sure to say hi to them from Joe and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!

    I nominated you for a "Sunshine Award"!!! To accept it and see what it's all about visit my blog post http://marcia-miraclesdohappen.blogspot.ca/#!/2012/04/sun-shining-on-my-face.html

    ReplyDelete