Friday, March 26, 2010

My Darling, Darling Hannah

How does she grow so quickly? It seems I turn around and we are into yet another stage of her life. I'm loving the one she's in at the moment, one and-a-half is a great age! Such personality, such sweetness! She's all giggles and laughs and smiles. Loves to joke and play with her family. She's also sensitive, though, and those giggles can turn to tears in the blink of an eye if her feelings get hurt.
She loves to have her picture taken and says "Chee" (cheese) as soon as the camera comes out. She did not get this from me, but from Heidi whom she looks up to in every respect, and I don't know where Heidi got it. It makes for lots of close-eyed pictures.
She's all Independence these days and "I do" has become her favorite phrase. Momma must remember she is no longer a babe and allow her to do things on her own. Otherwise we have to back up and start from the beginning so Hannah can accomplish it on her own.
Did I mention she loves to laugh? And that her vocabulary is expanding daily? And her favorite thing of all at the moment is singing. It makes me laugh to hear her lilting little voice sing "Op oh ah wee-wal" (pop goes the weasel) and I love to hear her sing along - and even get some words right - when we sing hymns at bedtime.
Her imagination is showing itself to be alive and active. What a joy it is to watch she and Heidi invent and play games with each other. A great favorite is restaurant where Heidi is the waitress and Hannah gets to sample all the food. "A num, a num a num!" Be warned, however, that you may not order whatever you like at their establishment, Heidi is very concerned about the dietary habits of others and quickly corrects you if you try to order dessert before a meal.
Playing "nie-nie" (night-night) and "bye- bye" are two of her favorite games. I love to watch her put on her hat, place a purse over her arm and tell me a couple hundred times, "bye-bye, ee you" (see you) as she heads toward the door.
My Hannah, I love you, and while part of me wishes I could bottle up some of this season of your life and save it forever, I'm so thankful you are learning and growing. Growing, I pray, into the woman God has created you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment