Saturday, June 12, 2010

Almost Four

Heidi's fourth birthday is just around the corner. A fact kept at the forefront of my mind by her prefacing every memory (even if it occurred just yesterday) with, "When I was a little girl, three years old..." and constantly reminding me that "I growing bigger and bigger, I growing so fast you can't keep up with me."

She has requested a princess party, "with only girls at it". Although she has conceded that Daddy may attend. This after informing me that he could come, but only watch from the window, to which I responded that when we invite a person to an event we want to make them feel welcome and being stuck in a different room would not encourage that feeling. I'm not certain he wants to participate in all princessey activities, but it's nice to know he may should he so desire.

In contrast with this feminine princess side of her is her birthday wish list. Including, but not limited to:
A real bow and arrows ("lots of them in case I shoot them too far")
Tools ("for building a house with")
A Horse ("for riding so I can be a cowgirl")
A gun
A real baseball bat
binoculars

That's my girl. All action and adventure on the one hand, all pretty and princessey on the other. I'm thrilled that God put together the unique combination that makes her, her. And to be her mom, what a privilege!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like she would fit in great with all my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she is all girly but isn't afraid of the action too. She's well rounded! Hard to believe she's going to be four! Whoa! Have fun with a princess party. I think we have those EVERY year. This year I convinced B to have a garden party. I was suprised that she conceded...but there were lots of flowers, butterflies and girls around, so it was still pretty and fun.

    ReplyDelete