Friday, June 25, 2010

Heidi's Princess Party

To welcome the pint sized princesses we set up a canopy in the living room. I had wanted an outdoor party, but the weather's been steady mosquitoes out there, so I tried to make it exciting indoors.Heidi was pleasantly surprised when she came downstairs in the morning.
Karl insisted we needed a frog at the party,
so I gave my stuffed one a crown and a sign.
I cut princess dresses out of card stock, colored then and glued them to clothespins for place tags (the invitations were similar).
I was thrilled to discover I had fabrics from different sources that matched the colors in the canopy to use for tablecloths.

I had some issues with the frosting, but I managed to put together a princess cake like Heidi requested.
She wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice cream.
I think Daddy's had some influence on those taste buds. I'm a vanilla girl myself.
We used more of my fabric stash to cover a chair and create a throne.

Heidi sat in it to open her gifts,then we took pictures of all the girls there.
I forgot to take pictures, but the girls made butterfly wands and colored princess paper dolls while they were here.
Heidi and I made "princess play dough" earlier in the week for the girls to play with at the party. I just used my regular recipe, colored it pink and added glitter, it was a great hit!
I also made some frog bean bags and cut lily pads out of paper for a bean bag toss.
Then, since it's Heidi's favorite game,we played duck, duck, goose and a few other games.
Our resident princess Auntie Amber brought a princess story about how faith in God and loving others is more important to being a princess than pretty dresses or palaces.
Heidi made some fun memories for her fourth birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Momma! She'll remember that for the rest of her life!

    ReplyDelete