Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Colored Rice

It's a marvelous crafting medium. Requires some fine motor skills, but doesn't fly all about with the slightest puff of air like glitter. I had the girls tell me what they wanted to make, I outlined that shape with glue, then let them apply rice as desired.
Heidi's picture:
Hannah's picture:
To color the rice I just mixed it with a few drops of food coloring. If you wish to try this yourself, I would suggest wearing gloves or mixing it in a plastic bag. Either that or put up with many questions about designer fingers like I did for the next couple of days.





2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I think my children would like white rice better that way too :-)
    They prefer to eat brown rice.

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rice was actually some "minute" rice that I got for a grocery shower gift for our wedding. I never knew how to cook it (I mean I guess I could have read the box, but you know, familiar is easy) and finally decided I better find some use for it!

    ReplyDelete