Sunday, April 19, 2009

Anniversary

Today marks six years since the day I walked through a flowery arch, held aloft by my friends, and pledged my life to the man who had captured my heart. Six years since I went from that simple to write and pronounce name of "Root" to the rather complicated "Wagenhoffer" (who doesn't cock their head to the side and ask me to "spell that please" when I say it?!) Six years since I had my first kiss (yes, we waited for our wedding day for that, and are so thankful we did! But then, being two thousand miles apart for the majority of our six month engagement did make that goal a bit easier to attain). Six years of loving and being loved by my very own Mr. Wonderful. I so often don't feel worthy of his love, and yet, he continues to give it. I am so very thankful for these six years we've had together, and pray that God continues to draw us closer together in the time that He has ahead of us.
Thankyou Lord for my wonderful husband!
Thankyou Karl for loving me!
I love you so very much!

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Friend O' mine,
    Happy Anniversary! I'm glad to remember your day with you. And what a lovely day it was too:-) Hope you've gotten to be a better kisser over the years - remember LOTS of practice! I guess you figured it out because you now have evidence;-P

    For the many blessings He has bestowed on you, I often thank our Lord. How amazing and wonderful He is.
    Thanks Lord!

    Love you Shauna:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes 'Lene, practice, practice practice! We've certainly gotten better at it, but I'm thinking it's going to take lots more practice to get it perfected - say 50 or 60 years worth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope so. It would be disappointing to have it down so well as to no longer need practice!
    I'm looking for fifty years too. It would be more than I deserve, but I'm asking the Lord anyways:-)

    ReplyDelete