Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Stuck in the Muck

Our driveway is a little, um... un-drivable these days, and today, Heidi decided it wasn't very passable on foot either . We were going to go for a walk together, and I sent her out while I got Hannah and I ready to go. A few minutes later, I opened the door to see her standing in one place and singing at the top of her lungs. (I think the song was something about being stuck in the mud and Jesus is alive). The standing in one place was due to being "wary stuck!" and the singing was just because. I mean, what would you do while waiting to be rescued?


5 comments:

  1. My first born HATED mud, she'd shriek and scream until we rescued her. But now she's 12 and finally has the good sense to avoid it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post. How cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andi, sometimes I wish Heidi had a little more dislike for mud. This is the time of year where my washing machine starts doing double time! She loves it! Well, except for the being unable to move part, but that's why there's mamas to get you unstuck, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. What fun!!! Did you continue on your walk after all that?
    I like the song... do you think you might post all the lyrics? ;-)

    Love you Shauna. Wish you were here.

    Love,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Lene, I only wish I could remember all the lyrics. That's one of my favorite parts of Heidi's current grasp of language - her ability to sing and make up songs. It's constant melodies around here, a song, or five, for every event in life! We did continue on our walk, after a quick mitten change. I don't know if you could tell in the picture, but what once was pink, is now brown, and there was about an inch extra insulation on there. Hannah and I went indoors after our walk and I left Heidi out to play, only to hear, not two minutes after going inside, "Mama, I STUCK!". This time even I couldn't get the boots out while still on the feet. We've been a little more careful about unsupervised outdoor play since (especially with the flooding).

    ReplyDelete