Sunday, January 10, 2010

It Figures

Four matching purple princess dresses (along with scepters, tiaras and purses). That's what I made for Christmas for my daughters and nieces. Of course, the whole time I was doing so, I was reminded that purple really wasn't the best color, and heard persistent polite requests for a "sparkly orange wedding dress and veil". I promised said dress, in spite of my own aversion to the color choice, after our trip to California. While in California, I therefore made a trip to the fabric store specifically for suitable orange material, bought it, packed it, and brought it home. I showed it to Heidi while unpacking and instead of the cries of delight I had anticipated, what greeted my ears was a rather disappointed,
"Oh, but I don't want an orange dress, Momma, I want a sparkly RED one."
"But Heidi," I countered, "you've been asking and asking for an orange one!"
"I know, Momma, but now I want a red one, not an orange one."
"But I already bought the fabric"
The reply was swift and given in the lilting tones of a spectacularly good idea, "I Know! You could make purses for all the other children out of it!"


Hmmm... not quite sure I'm up to making purses for "all the other children", but I'm guessing she may become a little more partial to the dress once it's fully made.

No comments:

Post a Comment