Saturday, February 13, 2010

Heidi's First Haircut

I finally broke down and did it. Heidi's hair was looking pretty stringy and straggly, I've known for awhile it's needed a trim, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I love long hair and my girls have little enough hair as it is. How could I cut it?
This afternoon I trimmed off about 4 inches of that hard earned hair. It does look much better - but shorter too. I'm sure I'll adjust in time. Actually, if I would have trimmed it all even I would have had to cut it to her chin. I really couldn't bring myself to do that so I just went to the first place I thought would make a difference. She still has a lot of varying lengths, especially in the front.
I know it's better to cut hair when it's damp, but my Heidi's hair curls into beautiful ringlets when wet. As it dries it straightens until you would never guess it had any curl at all. I thought I might have more success if I cut it when dry and straight than trying to pull those curls straight while it was damp.
And Heidi? She loved it. She felt very big and important to be getting a hair cut. I'm just hoping all my reminders that only Momma cuts hair sank in.

3 comments:

  1. You did a really nice job! Her hair looks great! I had to laugh at your comment about teaching her that only Momma cuts hair...Ruby cut Olive's hair when they were your girls ages...she told me, "Some of Olive's hair accidently fell off." hmmmm....but, it did grow back, thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin. That is concerning when hair "accidently" falls off and I'm sincerely hoping to avoid any such occurance here. Your girls look like they have beautiful hair though, and it seems to grow a bit faster than my little one's. I'm sure that even with a sister cut Olive had more hair than Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Lion the puppet received a new "do" tonight. I'm hoping he's the only one to fall prey to Heidi's haircuts!

    ReplyDelete