Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Shorter Moniker

For those of you who noticed the change in my blog title, I thought I would provide an explanation.
I felt from the beginning that "Dirt In My Oven, Grass In My Blender" was a bit of a mouthful, but Karl liked it, so there it was. However, it seems now is the time to shorten it.
The dirt in my oven is an ongoing occurrence. Until I can find another way to sterilize the dirt I need for potting soil, my oven will be filled with dirt every spring. That part of the title stays.
The grass in my blender, on the other hand, was a one time experiment. One I really don't plan on repeating - it was a mess to clean up after. I have also found (through researching what brings others to my blog from Google searches) that many seem to think I am indicating a type of "grass" that I personally have never had in my blender, nor do I ever want to. In fact, I would rather not be associated with that sort of "grass" at all. That part of the title goes.
So, I now blog at "Dirt In My Oven", and with the advent of rainy weather, daily wonder at the dirt that shows up in my entrance, my living room, my bathroom, my kitchen sink, my washing machine, my shoes (the ones that haven't gone outside), my desk, my table, my...well, I think you get the idea. Such is life in the country.

2 comments:

  1. I, personally, loved the whole title, but totally (now) get the grass thing. Didn't even occur to me.I've been trying to think of a creative title for mine but still don't have any ideas. I like your moniker either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Congratulations on your new baby!!!

    ReplyDelete