Friday, May 27, 2011

Map Fun

Maps seem to fascinate Heidi. The other day while driving home from her friend's house, she asked if we could draw a map of how to get to all of her friends houses. I thought it a grand idea and we did so immediately upon returning home. We talked about compasses and directions and she began to drive her fingers from one friends house to another, telling me when she was turning East, West, North or South. That gave me an idea. I sent her to get her hot wheels and put a large piece of paper on the floor.
I proceeded to draw a very large, very not to scale, map of our area, including the homes of a couple of friends.
Heidi and Hannah spent the next couple of hours coloring it in (making sure our driveway looked very muddy) and driving their cars from one place to the next.

What a lot of fun from a couple minutes worth of outlining and instruction on my part!

No comments:

Post a Comment