Saturday, May 7, 2011

What We Did In California: Part 1

My purpose in going to California was to spend time with my family, and we did just that. Not a lot of visiting friends or going places this trip, just lots and lots of being with those we love. My girls loved getting to know their cousins better.

Aunt Summer was a little overrun with nieces and nephew.

All the Aunties and Uncles enjoyed meeting Levi.

Because, lets face it, he's just plain adorable!





I taught my sisters to make truffles.

Because with Summer headed back to the mission field in August it is highly essential that she have the skills necessary to survive any dire situation.


You know, like the lack of readily available quality chocolate.





And I helped Mom turn a bedroom turned storage room back to a bedroom again. She had done the hard part of sorting and cleaning. I got the fun sewing part of the job.



This toddler bed is actually made with a crib mattress on plywood placed over three Rubbermaid totes! I made a skirt to hide the totes, put together a quick quilt and covered pillows to tie in with the curtains I made for the windows and storage shelves.


It's amazing how much I can get done when I'm not the one doing all the cooking, dishes, laundry and childcare.

No comments:

Post a Comment