Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm A Mean Mom

I let my daughters have a kitten... and I sent it away again. Things just weren't working out here for Sasha. Ruger was convinced she would make a tasty snack and in an effort to preserve her life she was residing in the dog carrier. Not exactly the happiest place for a kitten, and really not the best way to do her main job here - catch mice. I told Heidi that we might have to give her kitten away and at first she didn't want to hear a thing about it. After a while, she began to realize that having a cat you could only look at because every time you took it out the dog came running, wasn't much fun. Finally she told me we could give it to her friends, Annika and Zachary. I wasn't so sure Annika and Zachary's mommy would think this was a great idea, but she was adamant she needed to "share" her kitty with them. I gave their mom a call, and much to my surprise and gratitude, she agreed to take the kitten! Today we spent some time playing at their house and when it was time to go I told Heidi to say goodbye to her kitty, to which she promptly replied, "It's their kitty, Momma!". Oh yes, when she does something, she does it completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment