Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sasha the Kitten

...has arrived at our house. She's not exactly the kitten I've been looking for, so I'm a little unsure still as to whether she'll be staying or not, but the girls were instantly smitten.
She is extremely tolerant and patient with the girls which is a huge asset for her, but there was another incident this morning which tipped the scales a bit in disfavor once again. This outdoor mouse trap ended up spending the night indoors in an effort to not have her consumed by Ruger within her first moments here. This morning, though provided with a litter box, the "litter trained" kitten chose to do its business in, of all places, Hannah's car seat. I, predictably, was in another room helping Heidi get dressed when this occurred, so Hannah investigated on her own, and I returned to the living room wondering both what the smell was, and what Hannah had smeared all over herself and was now in the process of consuming. When I realized they were one and the same, the kitten was unceremoniously put outside and I broke my rule about not bathing Hannah in our water, deeming what was smeared all over her to be infinitely worse than any bacteria lurking in the water.
As I said, we're a bit uncertain as to whether she'll be staying or not. However, I'm more certain than ever that cats belong OUTSIDE!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings,
    I feel compelled to comment. First, *giant shudder and retching sound...* Never hesitate to place the well being of your children above the well being of your animals. Well done on banishing the cat. If any hesitation or confusion ensues, I highly recommend referring to the last three words of your post.
    I hope everyone has achieved a full recovery. Take care, Jon

    ReplyDelete