Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Sewing Project

Heidi's favorite color is orange.
Orange!
Those of you who know me know I had no influence in the choice of favored color whatsoever. She is her own person.
Today when we began the long-awaited first sewing project, the only qualification for the fabric we used was that it had to be orange. Thankfully I had some scraps in that most desired of colors left from a quilt I had made.
I thought Heidi did a great job pinning and guiding the fabric through the machine as I pushed the pedal. She has watched me, oh, a few hundred thousand times I suppose, so she had a good idea as to what was expected before we began. Still, I was impressed at how careful and competent she was.
Our finished drawstring bag

Heidi was hesitant to pose for me until I told her the orange fishing pole could be in the picture too. She's pretty pleased with her bag and is busy filling it with all sorts of wonderful things as I type.


No comments:

Post a Comment