Friday, September 4, 2009

A Veil For My Grown-up Girl

Heidi had a completely dry day today. No accidents at all. This may not seem like much, but around here it's a major victory, and I'm ready to celebrate and encourage even the little ones right now. In honor of her accomplishment I told Heidi I would make her the long-asked-for "real veil of my very own". What a happy bride we had here today!







Thought I'd give you a bit of perspective on what Heidi thought was the ideal spot to be married. I think it suits my little climber just right!

Potty training is yet another aspect of parenting it seems I know less and less about the further I get into it. Honestly, I'm a failure at it. I'm just thankful God is gracious and redeems my failures, and that my children seem to learn in spite of me!

3 comments:

  1. Shauna! You are not failing at potty training...every child is different. She stayed dry a whole day - sounds like a success to me! One thing I tried to keep in mind when I potty trained Ruby - "this WILL work. She WILL be potty trained...one day!" Now I get to start the process over with Olive! She's so ready to start and I am so not ready! =)
    Our girls would have so much fun together - just this morning Ruby was dressed up in her bridal gear. She wears the flower girl dress from Katie Bowden's (Brown now!) wedding and a "veil" which was her headpiece. Then after she gets married she puts a baby "in her belly" and goes to the "hospital" and has her baby. =) Sometime we'll have to make the trip to see you guys and get our kids together. Keep up the great work your doing with your girls!!!
    Love,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin, I am finally seeing some success. We're currently at three days and two nights of staying dry! Whoo-hoo!
    I would LOVE to get our girls together, I'm sure they would enjoy each other. Sounds like they have some similarities in imaginations.
    I'm praying for you as you come closer to the finish line with your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna, you are doing an awesome job. Just that fact that YOU have stuck with the whole potty training deal and now have a few days of dry says you are doing a bang up job! Potty training is the one thing I DREAD! ok, besides the poop smearing that comes before it (only one of mine did it so far, but that's been enough). I think most parents think themselves as failures if the child doesn't get it in the first week b/c you hear people bragging about how fast their little ones learned. I know now that it is not the "norm" b/c I have lived it three times. It took my first 2 yrs to "get it" and he's still in pull ups at night. Every one is different and that's the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete