Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gingerbread Girls

"Gingerbread Fred" has been a frequent read at Grandma's house lately. As a result, there's been a lot of requests to make gingerbread men at our house. Yesterday it finally happened, but about halfway through the process, Heidi declared she only wanted to make a couple of gingerbread men, the rest would be gingerbread girls. So, gingerbread girls it was!

Heidi was very careful about making sure everything got in the bowl "properly"

Rolling out the dough was tough work - but fun!


Watching her decorate was the most fun part for me
So many buttons!


Hannah liked the buttons too, but for a different reason!





I'm still not sure how Hannah talked me into a WHOLE cookie.
Thankfully she lost interest halfway through the head.

"I holding it up so you can take a picture"



There, that's better. A delicious completion to our project.

2 comments:

  1. Again, you inspire me! I love making gingerbread men with my kids. Ok, I like the end result more, but making them is pretty fun. I think I will do this this fall too. I love the spicy aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marcia, my house still smells good!

    ReplyDelete