Friday, October 23, 2009

Going To Work With Daddy

Seems to be the only way the girls get to see him these days. On Sunday we went with him to the ice rink since he wouldn't have to work as late as usual (read 3 am). While we spent some time watching him drive the Zamboni and other fun things, as well as watching a bit of the hockey game going on, it was a beautiful day outside and the playground across the street was beckoning. So, while Daddy did other not-so-fun-to-watch details of his work, the girls and I played.

Does anyone else have the problem of taking a couple hundred pictures and then having to narrow it down to just a few for the blog? Sometimes it seems I should just share them all, my girls are so cute, but then I remember you all aren't their mom (I get that privilege), and they only have two grandmas, so I really should try to stick to the best few. It's hard!

We slid,
and climbed,

played follow the leader (being soldiers here),


built rock piles,

hoarded rocks because there obviously weren't enough to go around,

had great fun being a big girl and sitting on what big sister wanted to step on,





and showed little sister all the letters on the climbing wall.


And just to show it wasn't all play and no work, here's Heidi wringing out the mop in the arena - her favorite activity of the day!

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I almost always post a couple hundred!!
    :-)
    I like to look at yours though, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete