Crunchy Granola Bars
4 to 5 cups oats
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP honey
Totally optional, but recommended yummy ingredients include:
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup pecan pieces
1cup white chocolate chips
Again optional ingredients, but these are to make you feel better about eating the treats:
1/4 cup flax seed
2 TBSP wheat germ
2 TBSP Wheat or oat bran
I could go on with the add-ins, but I'm sure you get the idea.
- Put the oats and whatever other dry ingredients you're using into a large bowl.
- Heat butter, sugar, and honey gently, over low heat, until the sugar has dissolved, but don't allow to boil.
- Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour over oat mixture.
- Mix, coating oats well.
- Place in a greased cookie sheet and pat down with moistened hands.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm and allow to cool before removing from pan.