Monday, June 22, 2009

Heidi's Birthday Interview

I thought it might be fun to start interviewing my (verbal) children each year around their birthdays. Originally I was going to be boring and merely record this in her journal, but Heidi's answers were just too fun, I had to share.

How old are you?
I going to be six... in just a minute.

What will you be when you grow up?
I going to be a doctor when I get older... I going to be a farmer when I get older too. You can be my nurse Momma.

What's your favorite color?
I like purple. Actually, I would like a monkey!

What's your favorite thing to eat?
Popsicles! ...and grapes and strawberries. (The Popsicles are just my smoothies, frozen, shh... don't tell her)

What is your favorite song?
Heidi starts making up a song, "I've never heard that one before", I say. "I know", says Heidi, "it's a new one, I'm teaching you."

What's your favorite book?
My Huckle book (Richard Scarry)

If you could go anywhere, where would it be?
To Heaven.

What's your favorite thing to do?
To dance.

Who is your best friend?
Hannah, Christopher Robin, the Lions and Gordon (all but Hannah are imaginary)



I know it probably shouldn't have, but the Heaven answer surprised me. We had just been talking about family, and I was expecting a "California" or "Ethiopia" answer. I guess she's thinking more rightly than I am. Is it selfish to say that as much as I want her to go to heaven, I hope it doesn't happen to soon?
Apparently I need to start studying for nursing school and researching what it takes to have a pet monkey.
Anyone have any questions I should add to the list?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is too cute. I love the things kids say.

    Andrew is nine now, I thought he had just about out grown the saying things wrong stage.

    They yesterday I asked him where his shirt was and he said. "Out in the garage in the Hamsters". Took me a minute to figure that one out. :-) ... (Hampers)

    I had to take note of it. It was too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! It will be so fun to see how he answers change over the years...though how could they get any better that this year's! "I going to be six...in just a minute!" :) SOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete