Thursday, June 25, 2009

Heidi's Birthday

Heidi requested a trip to the city for her big day. As I had quite a few errands to run there I complied. I let her choose what to wear, and naturally she chose her favorite - her "wedding dress". I was kept laughing all day as people would say to her, "You look so beautiful! Is that your princess dress?"
"No" she would reply, "It's my wedding dress"
"Oh, are you getting married?"
"No," with a hint of condensation, "when I get older I get married. I going to marry my Daddy"
(I do think she has good taste in men, but I'm sure she'll realize by the time she reaches that "older" stage of her life that Daddy is already taken and she'll have to find someone else.)
Our first stop was to visit some kittens and it was almost our last as she didn't want to leave. I was originally going to bring one home for her birthday, but couldn't find any that met our qualifications that were weaned, so we have to wait for a couple weeks. I let the girls "drive" with Mickey Mouse at a store. They don't know the ride's supposed to move yet, so this is a very inexpensive way to add a bit of fun to a shopping trip.

The chocolate shop in the mall caught Heidi's eye and I told her she could pick a special birthday treat. She chose marshmallows dipped in caramel and chocolate and rolled in sprinkles. It was the sprinkles that really grabbed her.
After all that shopping, I felt Heidi needed some active time before the long car ride home, so we headed to McDonald's for the first time in her life. She thought all the other children at the play structure were there for her and was quite disappointed when I told her they wouldn't be coming home with us.











It's not every girl who spends her birthday playing at McDonald's in her wedding dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment