Saturday, June 20, 2009

Toilet Talk

We are finally seeing a bit of success in our potty training around here. I thought I had Heidi nearly trained last year, but she met with a six week bout of diarrhea, making success an impossibility. She got discouraged. Since then, there has been no desire or determination, and for her, that is necessary. I haven't pushed the issue, knowing it would be an uphill battle if I did, that she would really only do well once she wanted to. This has been the week that has happened. We're seeing daily improvements and I'm tentatively excited that I may soon only be changing one little darling's diapers.
Heidi was helping me clean the bathrooms yesterday. When I pulled the toilet brush out of its container, she noticed there was water left behind.
"What's that Momma?" she asked
"It's water"
"Where it come from?"
"It's from the toilet."
With complete awe and incredulity, she responds, "The toilet went potty! All by itself!"
And there you have it, I have my very own potty trained toilet... and hopefully a little girl soon to follow.

1 comment:

  1. That had me chuckling out loud. :) I sure hope for your sake that the toilet training (of your girl, that is) goes well!

    ReplyDelete