Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Heidi's been dressing herself lately

She insists upon both choosing and putting on her outfits all by herself. Most of the time this means I have a princess running about the house, complete with gown, crown, and dress up shoes... or yellow rubber boots. When we go for walks, however, I insist upon pants and a long sleeved shirt to ward off chills. This is where it gets interesting. Imagine with me if you will. Pants of bright orange, red, cream and turquoise in stripes of varying size paired with a (backwards of course) shirt of striped rainbow pastels. Add to this a black sweater with brightly colored polka dots, and top it all off with a large-striped hat in yet another set of hues, oh, and striped mitts. Whew! I don't claim to be overly fashion conscious myself, but even I could tell there was something amiss there! Then tonight, backwards shirt, and backwards, inside out overalls. We were going out and I gently pointed out that they were on a bit wrong and she may want to change. She looked herself over, gave me a crooked grin and said, "It okay, Momma, I like 'em like that." And so, I let her go. And smiled all night at the pockets flopping behind her as she ran. I think I'll miss this stage when it's gone.

2 comments:

  1. Brought back some memories for me...of yesterday and many days before that! :) My two oldest still seem to "like" dressing so my eyes hurt. Inside out, backwards and all which way is really fashionable to little people I guess. It is a cute stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will most definately miss this when it is gone! I hope you have your camera back?

    ReplyDelete