Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hucklebucklebeanstalk

Have you ever played Hucklebucklebeanstalk? It's a game that was first introduced to me by my Aunt Vicki in homeschool co-op many years ago. One person "hides" an object in plain sight while all the others are out of the room. When they return, they look for the object, saying "hucklebucklebeanstalk" when they find it, and sitting down until all have located the item. Heidi and I have an ongoing game of this sort with our bear "Huckle". I'm not sure where he came from, but he's tiny and has magnets in his paws, making hime ideal for the game. He can wrap around things, hang off of metal objects and show up just about anywhere. She and I are always finding and hiding him again. I love her cry of delight when it's been a few days since her last find and she finally spots him. Coming across him in a hiding place of hers always puts a smile on my face. Hucklebucklebeanstalk!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh yes! The children were just requesting this game the other day. I love the idea of having a regular hide-ee. I'll have to think on that one!

    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great game! I think we will have to try that!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister and I still play that with a large black plastic spider - every time I go to visit her, I hide it in a different spot in her house and wait to see how long before I get a phone call or email saying "You Got Me!!"

    ReplyDelete