Friday, March 20, 2009

Baby Steps

My baby girl is gowing out of these shoes. For some silly reason, I always shed a few tears when I have to put away clothing items my girls have outgrown. It seems to be a tangible reminder of how fleeting time is and how quickly these "little" years go by Another discouraging thing about her being too big for the littlest shoes, is that I really don't have any in the next size up that I like. For Heidi, we just made do with thrift store finds, and it seems that boy shoes are more quickly dicarded in this area than girl. Either that or all the girl moms got there before me. So today I decided to do something about that and set to work designing some femimine little shoes for my Hannah. I thought they turned out okay for a first try, but don't look too close, there's lots of mistakes. I'm so happy God gave me girls to sew for!





5 comments:

  1. Those are WONDERFUL Shauna!
    I try to confiscate each child's first pair of shoes to hang on the Christmas tree once they're outgrown. Those would sure be cute on display once her feet are too big! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how precious! I LOVE your blog! It's so fun to get to see the girls as they're growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lene, what a good idea to put them on the Christmas tree! But then, I shouldn't be surprised, you always have good ideas.

    Deborah, I'm glad you're stopping by to get glimpses of my humble country life. I'm sure it must be different from where you're at right now, but I know God has us each where he wants us for His glory!

    ReplyDelete