Saturday, March 14, 2009

Where We Live

For those of you who have never been here, I thought I'd give you a little visual on our home, and maybe encourage some of you friends to come for a visit. As the world is white outside my window at the moment, I had to search through the archives a bit for some warmer weather photos. These don't really do the property justice, so I'll have to find more later. Heidi and Karl in our field - Oat harvest 2007
Mama Bear and two cubs - pictures taken from my kitchen window, they were regular visitors for a couple of weeks that fall.




Our driveway



Our driveway sideways - I think I've got this picture thing figured out, and keep discovering I'm wrong!











Our house





4 comments:

  1. Oh, I soooo want to come... I just have to figure out how to house us on the way up there... Some how, some day. Hopefully soon. :-)

    When does the snow go away for the summer?

    Lots of love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Does the snow go away for the summer? Okay, it does, but around this time of year, I begin to question whether spring will actually come. The ice on the river generally breaks up around the middle of april, and the snow is usually melted by the end of that month. Although, we do occasionally get snowfalls after that. The first year I moved here it snowed a foot on may 10th.
    It'd be great if you were ever able to come for a visit. Karl and I often camp on the way to California and back. It's inexpensive and fun. Just leave enough daylight hours at the end of your trip to set up camp! We also enjoy stopping to visit friends along the way.
    Love you, Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is very pretty!

    ~ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. Unfortunatly... With 5 of us in my little van, we barely have room for clothes and diapers. We have done the whole camping thing, but it goes way better with spence along to tye things to the top.

    But I will brain storm... I am down to one car seat and three boosters now... Maybe I can find a way to camp in the car. :-) My seats all fold down... Hmmmm. brain storm,... I need to brains storm.

    I will think this over. ;-)

    ReplyDelete