Friday, March 6, 2009

She Eats!

I don't know why this picture showed up, I had tried to add a different one, but ow I can't get it off.


MMM, let me hold it Mom!


Side note: this is the day I got my hair cut, and really the only pictures I have of my new bangs and shorter hair, that's another story in itself!





Converting to solids wasn't exactly an easy go with my strong willed first born. We finally went "cold turkey" when, at 14 months, she still wouldn't take anything from spoon or cup. After two very exhausting days of her refusing to eat or drink anything and me feeling like the worst mama on earth, I finally won. I approached starting Hannah on solids this last month with a bit of trepidition. Would she be as attatched to Mama as much as big sister was? Needless to say. I was thrilled when my little girl dug right in, and enjoyed it! Now I just need to learn which foods to add when. By the time I finally got Heidi eating, she was ready for a lot more than Hannah is now! I'm hoping for a much more gradual weaning process this time around.


5 comments:

  1. We agree that we love the new do! it frames the face well and looks healthy. Glad to hear that Hannah is better in responding...as far as which foods...can't help you there. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aprocots... Those are always my first pick. Not as harsh as pruns, but seem to help things along. ummm... I should say aprocots baby food style... Not quite ready for dried aprocots, I think. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah is adorable!
    Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! Your parents were *so* sweet in letting us use their yard for my friends wedding. It was very lovely, even in the winter. I have been there once with the Fedorko's in the summer, and it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh yeah. Your hair is SOOooo short! Actually I did notice the bangs and am looking forward to that story!

    I love seeing your life a little bit! It makes me feel a little closer:-) I'm only sorry I have been traveling in it's debute. I tried commenting once before, but had issues, so this is my first comment even though I have been a faithful lurker ;-P

    I have been having Shauna withdrawls lately.
    I love ya lots!

    Love,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi 'Lene, glad you found me! Maybe we can keep in touch this way. I seem to be a horrible correspondant otherwise. My hair story isn't really a fun one - has to do with bad water and major damage. I know it doesn't look all that short, but it's quite a change for me. Mom "trimmed" 13 inches off when she was here in August. Then last month I had to get another 10 or 11 inches cut, so that adds up to almost two feet in six months!
    I'm glad you made it safely "home".
    With Love, Shauna

    ReplyDelete